Indian Head Massage
What is an Indian Head Massage?
An energetic, stress-busting therapy that works on the muscular tissues of the neck, shoulders, scalp and face to relax and stimulate the whole body and help it maintain balance and harmony. Clients remain fully clothed and laid down on the treatment couch. Shoulders, upper arms, neck, head and face are massaged without the use of oils.
How does an Indian Head Massage work?
Through a variety of different techniques, the massage works to release any blocked negative energy in the body that may be manifesting itself as disease or injury in any one of the seven Chakras, (energy centres) of the body. It does so by applying pressure to certain points on the neck, shoulders and head that correspond to each Chakra. This is a similar approach to that of reflexology and unblocks the Chakras, allowing for a free flow of energy around the body, restoring the individual to optimum health and feelings of wellbeing
Why do people have an Indian Head Massage?
An Indian Head Massage often proves beneficial by:
- Relieving built up tension that can often cause headaches, migraines, neck & back pain
- Detoxifying the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage
- Boosting overall immunity
- Improving circulation, which in turn increases energy levels.
- Promoting clarity and increased concentration.
- Soothes symptoms of asthma by calming the respiratory system.
- Relieves Mandibular Joint Tension.
- Increases muscle tone.
- Relieves symptoms of sinusitis.
- Boosts cerebral spinal fluid circulation.
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia
What can I expect during an Indian Head Massage?
An Indian Head massage is the ideal way to get a person out of their head, away from everyday emotional and mental stress.
Starting at the upper back, the Indian Head starts with the application of pressure to points that dissolve knots and relax the muscles. Then, moving down to the shoulders and upper arms to release other common areas of tension and then to the neck and head to release headache-causing blockages, encouraging better circulation of the cerebral fluid. The massage then progresses to the scalp, relaxing the entire head, encouraging circulation and stimulating hair growth.
Lastly, a gentle face massage that may relieve symptoms of sinusitis & headaches, and encourages good circulation and a glowing complexion